× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with my A6210 adapter

Lemch
Aspirant

Problem with my A6210 adapter

I have a problem with my A6210 adapter, it is very erratic and has a hard time staying connected to the computer sometimes. It just disconnects and refreshes and reconnects, sometimes it does that several times in a row and it always does it when it connects to my wifi.

I have the latest driver, I have tried (and is running) the standalone driver, I have all my energy setting set so that it shouldn't power down (both adapter and USB ports), I've tried several different USB ports both 2.0 and 3.0. I have searched around on forums but I haven't found a solution, please help me!

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: Problem with my A6210 adapter

@Lemch wrote:

I have a problem with my A6210 adapter, it is very erratic and has a hard time staying connected to the computer sometimes. It just disconnects and refreshes and reconnects, sometimes it does that several times in a row and it always does it when it connects to my wifi.

Is this 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

5 GHz is faster but has a shorter distance.

Have you checked for local wifi interference?

Message 2 of 3
Lemch
Aspirant

Re: Problem with my A6210 adapter

Same problem with both 2.4 and 5, although 5 tends to be slightly more inconsistent.5 GHz is what I prefer to use simply because of the speed boost, it's not essential but it helps when gaming for instance.

I don't think the problem lies in wifi interference, it's more as if the adapter tries to connect but then rejects the wifi and reboots.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7