× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with A6210

Clentis
Follower

Problems with A6210

I recently purchased a AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter Model No. A6210 from Target in Memphis, TN. Shortly after installing this product I ran a scan on my desktop using HitmanPro 3.8.0. The scan indicated that my computer had a Trojan that originated from Netgear A6210. The HitmanPro removed the Trojan, and I uninstalled the A6210 from my PC. After it was uninstalled, I reinstalled the A6210. After the reinstallation I ran another scan with HitmanPro and it again indicated that my PC had a Trojan that originated from the A6210. I again uninstalled the A6210 from my computer. I then ran another scan, just to be safe, and the scan indicated no Trojan. 

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you handle it? Should I contact Target to see if I can get a refund, or Netgear to see what they will do? 

Thank you for your help.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Problems with A6210

"False positives" on security issues are a regular complaint. Too many security companies wrongly accuse safe software of being naughty.

HitmanPro seems to be deliciously sloppy.

hitman pro false positive - Google Search

You could report this to HitmanPro and to Netgear.

If you are a NETGEAR customer with a security-related support concern, you can contact NETGEAR custo...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7