× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 intermittent problems on 2.4 GHz only. any channel

wallewek
Tutor

R7000 intermittent problems on 2.4 GHz only. any channel

This R7000 Nighthawk (firmware fully current V1.0.9.42_10.2.44) appears to be having 2.4 GHz transmitter issues.  The 2.4 GH7 signal strength (as measured remotely) drops to zero for about 5 seconds once a minute or so.  It's pretty regular, but not 100% consistent.

There is no problem with the 5 GHz signal, or with LAN/WAN connectivity.  The problem is only with 2.4 GHz.   It is also not channel-dependent: changing the 2.4 GHz channel from 9 to 5 and power cycling the router has no effect on the issue.

Firmware is fully up to date (V1.0.9.42_10.2.44).  I half suspect a hardware issue.

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
wallewek
Tutor

Re: R7000 intermittent problems on 2.4 GHz only. any channel

I solved this issue based on hints gained by reading about some semi-related issues described here.

I used the router's web interface -> Advanced -> Setup -> Wireless Setup to reduce the Transmit Power Control setting from 100% to 75%.  After doing so, I did not observe any power level reduction, as measured remotely with an Android-based WiFi analysis tool, but I did observe that the periodic signal cutouts completly stopped.

Problem solved!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
wallewek
Tutor

Re: R7000 intermittent problems on 2.4 GHz only. any channel

I solved this issue based on hints gained by reading about some semi-related issues described here.

I used the router's web interface -> Advanced -> Setup -> Wireless Setup to reduce the Transmit Power Control setting from 100% to 75%.  After doing so, I did not observe any power level reduction, as measured remotely with an Android-based WiFi analysis tool, but I did observe that the periodic signal cutouts completly stopped.

Problem solved!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7