× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Random Disconnects and internet loss

ToothGrinder
Aspirant

Random Disconnects and internet loss

I have been having issues with my A6210 USB adapter. When I start the computer it will connect and disconnect about 2-4 times before the connection is stable. After that, if I am playing an online game or even downloading/streaming for more than 30-45 minutes I lose connection to the internet. Sometimes the adapter resets itself and at other times it just displays that there is no internet connection even though all other devices on the network are working fine.

I am using the standalone V1.0.0.39 drivers and have also used the mediatek drivers that I found in other threads around this forum. I just did a fresh install of Windows as well and a mobo/cpu update. This issue is persistent with this USB adapter. Are there any known fixes out there? Or am I out of luck and should just order a better adapter?

Also if there is any other info I need to provide in order to get better support please let me know. I really want to get this problem fixed.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Random Disconnects and internet loss

Hi @ToothGrinder

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Try performing the troubleshooting steps here:  https://kb.netgear.com/23352/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
ToothGrinder
Aspirant

Unfortunately when I look into those settings "minimum power consumption" it's not there. Does it possibly have a different name?
Message 3 of 7
ToothGrinder
Aspirant

These are the options available to me using my A6210 Wifi adapter.

Are any of these settings related to my issue? If so, which should I try to change?

Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ToothGrinder

What is the Operating System of your computer? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
ToothGrinder
Aspirant

Windows 10
Message 6 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ToothGrinder

Please go back to Device Manager > right-click NETGEAR A6210 > select Properties > go to Power Management tab > uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” > Click on OK and then restart your computer. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7