× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Steam downloads corrupt?! (Using A6210 USB Wi-Fi Adapter)

threeolives
Aspirant

Re: Steam downloads corrupt?! (Using A6210 USB Wi-Fi Adapter)

Hi guys,

Was there ever a solution here?  I'm having a similar issue with my A6210.  Steam downloads constantly stop.  It took several months before I ever bothered checking the wifi adapter since the issue was only with Steam.  It happens on 2.4 and 5GHz and multiple channels.  No issues on the same wireless network (2.4 & 5 tested) on multiple other computers, including an iMac right next to this PC.  I have a Netgear N300 that's working fine for now but I'd like to get this A6210 working.

Message 26 of 30
Bruno33
Aspirant

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. Tried everything :

- Different USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 (even a totally isolated 2.0 "gaming" port for high end mouses)

- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz (my 5 GHz is the only one in the area)

- Muldimedia/Gaming on and off

- latest drivers

- QoS and video stream on and off on my router (Netgear also)

I think this is pretty annoying : all my big zip download are corrupted, steam downloads always stop.

When I kill Skype, 95 % of the download are OK... If this can help...

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 27 of 30
Bruno33
Aspirant

OK seems that I got the solution.

After having tried everything (with and without the USB base, different USB ports, all driver configuration possible...etc)

I found that the problem was very simple : the antenna.

I came back to my initial configuration. Same USB key position, with the USB base.

I just unfolded the antenna to its max position => 100% download are now clean and OK !

Same position with antenna folded on the key => I had the SAME reception quality (constant 300 Mbps), but download where all corrupted.

Incredible but true for my case.... ! (tested and restested with dozens of Android ROM downloads with md5 check)

Message 28 of 30
vincegouh
Aspirant

My usb adapter was already unfolded but it doesn't work 😞

Message 29 of 30
Bruno33
Aspirant

Well no.

Finally, seems to be a problem with the USB 3 Intel Controller

Options like : USB 3.0 mode in the BIOS =>

Smart Auto
Auto
Disable
Enable

Can't figure out why it works or not.

But the the A6210 seems to be working on USB 2.0 mode wathever the options chosen.

It worked once when I chose BIOS option on Enable, then got back to Smart Auto => worked

Changed the option => download corrupted, can't figure out to make it work again.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7