× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble with Nighthawk AC1900 A7000 network adapter coming out of sleep

Boruto012
Follower

Trouble with Nighthawk AC1900 A7000 network adapter coming out of sleep

A couple months ago I purchased an Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 A7000 usb network adapter and have been having issues with it losing Wi-Fi coming out of what I believe is some kind of sleep mode. After encountering this with my first adapter I returned it and got a new one thinking it may be hardware related and I'm running into the same problem. I did a couple searches here and Networking and Tech Support and didn't find anything that quite addressed the issue, but if I missed it please feel free to redirect me!

Essentially if I put on say Netflix and go sit down not touching my computer for 10-15 minutes the connection is perfect. Then if I touch the mouse or keyboard the stream times out and I'm unable to connect to the internet for about 30 seconds or so. Note this ONLY happens if I leave the computer be for a couple minutes. If I'm consistently using it our messing around on the other monitor no trouble or if I don't touch it at all and leave the stream playing for hours without touching it. Obviously it's not a huge issue but it is pretty annoying if I leave a process running and throw up a TV show and leave it be.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Trouble with Nighthawk AC1900 A7000 network adapter coming out of sleep

@Boruto012 wrote:

A couple months ago I purchased an Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 A7000 usb network adapter and have been having issues with it losing Wi-Fi coming out of what I believe is some kind of sleep mode.

That can be a Windows thing. It tries to save energy by turning USB devices off.

Dig into Device Manager:

Wifi adapter propertiesWifi adapter properties

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7