× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: USB PORT 3.0

Hamza916
Aspirant

USB PORT 3.0

So I just got this yesterday and when I plug it into my USB port 3.0 I get the same Mbps as in USB port 2.0which is 866.7 which I should not be getting because USB 2.0 or 2.4GHz should only give 600 Mbps anyone k ow why this is happening and I can sit there and look at it and the Mbps will not even change .1 it's like it's stuck at that. But I get time where the internet will get super slow only on the Ac1900 a7000 I will be on 2 bars or it will disconnect anyone know how to fix this too.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

@Hamza916 wrote:
So I just got this yesterday and when I plug it into my USB port 3.0 I get the same Mbps as in USB port 2.0which is 866.7

Lots of confusion in there about speeds.

I'd lay money on not getting wifi throughput at "866.7" Mbps, so what are you talking about here?

The USB speed to the adapter? The speed at which the A7000 connects to the PC?

More to the point, is there some sort of problem that you are trying to fix? Something running terribly slow?

It might be worth a bit of background reading.

Understand Wi-Fi 4/5/6 (802.11 n/ac/ad/ax)

@duckware knows their stuff and can bust a few myths and cut through marketing hype.

Message 2 of 5
Hamza916
Aspirant

This is my speed and it is always stuck at that even when i look on the genie app its the same no matter what and also anyport even USB 2.0 and 3.0

Message 3 of 5

@Hamza916 wrote:

This is my speed and it is always stuck at that even when i look on the genie app its the same no matter what and also anyport even USB 2.0 and 3.0

And that screenshot comes from?

Could be anything. It looks like modem uptime and connection speed. It tells me nothing about your wifi speed.

Message 4 of 5
Hamza916
Aspirant

No I mean why is it always at that number I mean its good but even when I am intensly using wifi it's still at that number like it's frozen or something
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7