× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB WiFi Adapter - No Internet Connection

kBhushan
Aspirant

USB WiFi Adapter - No Internet Connection

Hello Folks,

I recently bought A6210 USB wifi adapter. The driver (Netgear Genie) was successfully installed and it detected my SSID. When I connect to any of 2.4 or 5G networks I cannot access the Internet.

Genie says connected however, it does not show the IP address.IPCONFIG does not show any IP either. So somehow my PC is not getting an IP when I connect using this adapter. My router is working fine and many other devices are connected to it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: USB WiFi Adapter - No Internet Connection

@kBhushan wrote:

When I connect to any of 2.4 or 5G networks I cannot access the Internet.

What happens when you try?

How are you connecting?

How do you know that it isn't Windows getting in the way? Have you tried running its network troubleshooter?

Message 2 of 3
kBhushan
Aspirant

Re: USB WiFi Adapter - No Internet Connection

Hi Michael,

I am connecting via the dock provided in the box to a USB 3 port on my PC. (I tried without the dock as well)

The troubleshooter says it did not find any issues. 

I did get in touch with NG chat support yesterday and we tried to solve it but no luck. I was advised to replace the device. However, I tested it from a win 10 laptop today and it worked fine. So, I am sure that the device is not faulty.

As you can see in the attached snapshots, Genie says it is connected. When I check on my wifi router (Tenda AC1200) I do not see any entry for my PC. Windows says 'Not connected - No Internet'. 

ipconfig says the media is disconnected:

>ipconfig

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

I tried all older version of Genie but no luck.

Tried disabling my Kasperksy Internet Security too but again no luck. Somehow something is preventing it from getting an IP from the router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7