× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Updated Software and Now NETGEAR A6210 Adapter is No Longer Detected

jprife
Star

Updated Software and Now NETGEAR A6210 Adapter is No Longer Detected

This morning, I saw the message on my NETGEAR A6210 Genie that a new software update (A6210_v1.0.0.35) was available.  I downladed and tried to install the update, but now when I get to the "insert wireless USB adapter into a USB port' step, the installation program tries to detect but after about 30 seconds then tells me that "The NETGEAR A6210 adapter is not found."  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updated software package several times but no luck.  I even tried to install the original CD version of Genie and the adapter, but it no longer works either.  The led light is not even coming on anymore.

I'm running on Windows 10, and have owned this adapter since July 2015.  It has worked very well until this morning, but now the updated Genie refuses to detect it.  What has happened to cause this, and how do you fix it?

NOTE:  I am very displeased that NETGEAR requires customers (after the 90-day warranty period) to either call tech support for PAID help or else refers us to the forums to search for answers on our own, which just leads to confusion and frustration.  This is NOT cool!

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
jprife
Star

Re: Updated Software and Now NETGEAR A6210 Adapter is No Longer Detected

I've been in touch with a Level 2 Support Engineer who sent me a link to a new Trial Beta version of the software with a potential fix.  Unfortunately, it did not work.  However, I found a solution on another similar thread that does work for Windows 10 Anniversary:

1. Run the file: A6210_v1.0.0.35 and as usual wait for the 'Plug in your adapter' message. 

2. When you get the 'Adapter not detected', click Cancel

3. Leave the adapter plugged in, do not remove it and go to Device Manager.

4. Under Network adapters you will see: 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card

5. Double click on this and goto the Driver Tab.

6. Click on 'Update Driver'

7. Now choose 'Browse My computer for Driver Software'

8. Now click, 'Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer'

9. Choose Netgear A6210 Wifi usb 3.0 adapter and click Next. The driver will be installed

10. Close down device manager.

11. Go to your wifi / internet iceon in the bottom right of your screen. If you are wired, change this to wireless and then connect to your network. 

12. The adapter should now be working

13. I then went to here: http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic and downloaded the genie software independently of the A6210 software and installed it.

14. It actually worked and now runs ok under Windows 10 with anniversary. Its a pain, I know, but until Netgear sort themsleves out it works, and to be honest the adapter itself is very good and when connected to my virgin Superhub 2 I'm getting 140mbs download. compared to 10 over my very old powerline adapters.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7