× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Verizon AC791L WiFi apapter with Proton VPN issue

Armchairgeek
Aspirant

Verizon AC791L WiFi apapter with Proton VPN issue

Hi all, haven't been here in awhile so that must mean that Netgear is some darn good equipment.

I am having an issue with my Verizon Neatgear 791L Jet Pack and Proton VPN so I thought I would come here and ask if anybody else has experienced any similar issues with their WiFi adapters while running Proton VPN.

The issue is  the Jet pack keeps trying to restart while running the VPN. Now sometimes I can go for hours and it works fine then at times it will run a few minutes then try to restart. Also, the Jet pack works fine when not running the VPN.

Now the VPN works fine with my phone when I start the WiFi hotspot and I have another Jet Pack I won at auction that works just fine with the VPN. I curious if there are some settings I need to change to get it to function normal? IIRC, it worked fine with the VPN when I first downloaded it and set it up. I didn't use it much but here lately, with Big Brother getting even more nosey, I started running it all the time.

If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Below I pasted some of the specs on the jet pack.

Thank you, Frank

Jet Pack specs:
Verizon AC791L
Network Speed
4G LTE Advanced Cat 6 + 2X Carrier Aggregation
4G LTE
3G
WiFi Technology - AC1200

Verizon-791L-610B
Network name:
Verizon Wireless
Technology: