× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WG602v4 save config to file, load config from file

rowanbradley
Follower

WG602v4 save config to file, load config from file

I have two WG602v4 access points serivng my home. They have a fairly complex setup with many many devices in the Access Control section. One of the WG602s recently stopped working and I am try to install another to replace it. Can I copy the c onfiguration of the old one into a file, copy it somewhere else (e.g. using FTP), then copy it to the new device and use it to configure the device? It is only the Access Control section that I really need. How do I do this, or is there any other way of avoiding entering in (via a rather tedious process) hundreds of MAC addresses?

Thanks - Rowan

Model: WG602v4|54 Mbps Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 2

Re: WG602v4 save config to file, load config from file

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Home WiFi Adapters and Powerline.
(This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

If you have identical hardware, then you may be able to save the configuration, put it on a USB drive, and load it on to another device. But the WG602v4 is so old – a 2007 variant of something launched in 2003 – that it may not support this feature.

With very slow wifi (no 5 GHz) and LAN ports limited to 100 Mbps at best, these things will slow down any network.

There is a manual for the WG602v4 somewhere at the end of this link:

>> Click here >> WG602v4 | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7