× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNA1100 arthurx.sys update

cbastin
Aspirant

WNA1100 arthurx.sys update

Hello,

My WNA 1100 N150 adaptor has an issue where it will occasionally cut out and cause my PC to blue-screen. It points to one of the drivers, arthurx.sys, as the cause. 

Looking around, the suggestion is to upgrade the driver, but there's a problem, the NETGEAR driver installer requires me to unplug my adaptor which then causes the blue screen. Launching the installer with it already unplugged, the old driver will be re-installed once I plug it back in, so the installer does nothing. 

Can I get the latest arthurx.sys driver file as a seperate download so I can upgrade it manually? 

Current version : 2.0.0.5

Version of installer : 2.2.0.1

Thanks in advance.

Model: WNA1100|Wireless Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi cbastin,

Uninstall it under the programs. Remove the folder of NETGEAR in the program files in C drive. When reinstalling, use the standalone driver.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi cbastin,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
cbastin
Aspirant

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response.

I unplugged the adapter, removed all Netgear drivers and files from my computer. Began the installation, but then it prompted me to insert the Wireless Adapter which installed its own driver before the installation could be completed. The driver settings say it's 2.0.0.57 instead of the 2.2.0.1 of the installer. 

Due to this, could I simply ask for the updated version of arthurx.sys or any other method to manually upgrade the driver?

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Message 5 of 6
cbastin
Aspirant

Hi James,

This doesn't seem to work. While the driver still shows that it's out of date, even when I point to the latest driver I downloaded from the site, the wizard still seems to think its up to date. See screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/TvfHZ

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7