× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNA3100 driver is not compatiable with Windows 10

SeanMarshall
Follower

WNA3100 driver is not compatiable with Windows 10

I bought the WNA3100 Wireless Network Adapter to overcome network issues I am having after upgrading to Windows 10. (The computer no longer recognizes any networks.) The download site says that the driver is Windows 10 compatible. However, the dropdown compatibility menu under properties for setup does not display Windows 10 as an option. And, I still don't have network access. Is there a better driver for WNA3100?

Message 1 of 7
jmawebtech
Aspirant

Re: WNA3100 driver is not compatiable with Windows 10

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my WNA3100 V3, after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

If I go to the network and sharing center, my wi-fi adapter says it is disabled. When I try to enable it, the button still says disabled. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with Windows 10. I get to a step asking me to plugin my adapter. I plug it in and click next. After that, I see nothing. It appears that the wireless genie is incompatible with Windows 10.

I have an Intel Xeon processor. I just received a notification today that my PC was ok to upgrade to Windows 10.

Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

After upgrading to Windows 10, please make sure to use the Windows 10 driver of your adapters.

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNA3100

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDA3100v3

Message 3 of 7
WJvanEden
Star

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the WNA3100 connects for a few minutes then it disconnects itself again. It's not just the network either, the whole wi-fi adapter says it is disabled. The only way to get it working again for a few minutes is by taking the adapter out and plugging it in again.

I think the driver for Windows 10 is highly unstable.

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi WJvanEden,

Are you using the standalone driver in installing the adapter? If not, uninstall the driver and use the standalone.

Message 5 of 7
WJvanEden
Star

Hi JamesGL,

Yes I have, I'm using the standalone driver. 

I've tried manually updating it as well through the device manager but it just says I'm using the latest driver version.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7