× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNA3100m is listed in devices but has no LED light and cannot find networks.

StephenTH
Aspirant

WNA3100m is listed in devices but has no LED light and cannot find networks.

Hello, I have been using the wna3100m for some time and have had constant issues with it intermittently refusing to detect networks before spontaneously deciding to work again.
When it is plugged into my laptop it appears under devices and says that it is working properly but it displays no LED light and cannot find the network it was connected to just yesterday.
I am currently using Windows 10 and have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNA3100m is listed in devices but has no LED light and cannot find networks.

Hi StephenTH,

Which driver did you use? Possible reason is the driver does not support Windows 10.

https://kb.netgear.com/000038809/WNA3100M-Software-Version-1-2-0-7

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNA3100m is listed in devices but has no LED light and cannot find networks.

Hi StephenTH,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
StephenTH
Aspirant

Hi James, thank you for your reply. I am using the most up to date driver for the device and had alternated with the older versions to see if there would be any difference.
I think the problem is on Windows side and not the device itself as on the occasions the adapter does not work turning it off and on in settings shows the adapter as turned off when choosing a network from the taskbar even when it is listed as turned on in settings. I've tried a number of fixes for this such as preventing windows from turning off devices to save power but still I am having problems.
Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi StephenTH,

Possibly the problem is the driver does not support Windows 10 that is why it will not work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7