× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNCE2001 Power LED blinks green and I cannot set it up

spitlist
Aspirant

WNCE2001 Power LED blinks green and I cannot set it up

I see that there is already a thread on the subject and there are several links that purport to fix the problem.  However these links are very long and end up being truncated so when I click on them, I getthe NETGEAR support page asking for the model instead of the actual link.  

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNCE2001 Power LED blinks green and I cannot set it up

Hi spitlist,

1. Can you still access the UI of the adapter?

2. Are you getting a valid IP from the device? Can you ping the IP address of the adapter?

Message 2 of 10
spitlist
Aspirant

I have no idea what you are asking?  What is "UI"?

The device doesn't have an IP address.  It is a unit that is supposed to intercept a WIFI signal and convert it to a wired connection via an RJ47 port.

Message 3 of 10
spitlist
Aspirant

Make that RJ-45 (fat fingers)

Message 4 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi spitlist,

1. Reset the adapter.

2. You should still be getting an IP address from the adapter even if it is not connected to the router.

Message 5 of 10
spitlist
Aspirant

WHat adapter?

Message 6 of 10
spitlist
Aspirant

If NETGEAR had any support, maybe I could talk to someone live so we could exchange information.  THe only time I have had an exchangge was on a live chat session where the technician was only interested in selling me some support license that cleans up my router's IP addresses of people who are monitoring me.  Two technicians I know both told me that that was unnecessary.

Message 7 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi spitlist,

The WNCE2001 is an adapter. Try to reset it and reconfigure. You can check support site and go to contact us if you want to have a support team to assist you.

https://www.netgear.com/home/contact-us/

Message 8 of 10
spitlist
Aspirant

Yeah, that is what got me to this forum.  I have been around and around and have not gotten any help that solves the problem.  If you are really interested in me as a customer and helping resolve this problem, you will have someone contact me at Spitlist@cox.net to set up a time for them to call me for the resolution to this problem.

Message 9 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi spitlist,,

Check the warranty of your device for phone support.

https://kb.netgear.com/12171/Is-my-NETGEAR-product-under-warranty?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7