× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNCE2001 - Randomly Disconnects

KamuiT
Aspirant

WNCE2001 - Randomly Disconnects

I have  a WNCE2001 that has been working fantastically for the past couple of years.  It recently started dropping connection every few minutes and then reconnects. This is very frustrating as I work from home and any time the connection drops, then I lose my connection to my remote computer at work.

I'm using this as I don't have a wireless adapter in my PC.  I also work in a disconnected building from my house that is not on the same power. I thought about using the PowerLine devices, but I'm not sure if it will work due to my building being disconnected and having it's own power setup (different fuse boxes and all that).  I have no ethernet ports in the room itself, so I'm forced to use the wifi from the house which is fine for what I'm doing so long as the wifi-to-ethernet device works. I'd rather not buy a wifi adapter for my PC as they have never lasted for longer than a couple of years before they, also, stop working.

Model: WNCE2001|Universal WiFi Internet Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNCE2001 - Randomly Disconnects

Hi KamuiT,

Do you have other wireless devices that works fine or has stable connection from the network?

Is your wireless network shared?

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi KamuiT,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
KamuiT
Aspirant

Yes, all of my other wireless devices have no problem connecting. This is the only machine that is dropping the connection.
Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi KamuiT,

Can you install the device on a different computer and check if the same problem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7