WNCE4001 Unable to Connect to Virgin Super Hub 3.0
Recently dug out my WNCE4001 WiFi Internet Adapter to hook up to my PC, so I may make use of a Linux distro (reasons why I don't used my WiFi NiC unrelated). As the subject states, unable to connect the WNCE4001 to my Virgin Super Hub 3.0 . I have tried the following;
1. WPS button method (Physical)
Result: WPS light blinks in sets of 1 per every 0.5 seconds. Then starts blinking in sets of 2 per every 0.5. Then returns to standard 3 per every 0.5
2. WPS button method (Software)
Result is the same as above; Minus www.mywifiext.com states that there are 2 APs and there is a security issue.
Repeated the above with a laptop and being in the same room as the router.
3. Manual connection via mywifiext.com
Result: Device scans for wifi networds in my "neighborhood" and find both the 2.4Ghz and5Ghz signals, between 96%-100% signal strength.
Both ask to confirm (only 1 step away!) before stating it can no longer connect to it. (Browsers Edge & Internet Explorer)
During the 2 minute wait screen, the browser redirects automatically to the first step, listing wireless networks. (Browser Opera)
- Updated the firmware to 188.8.131.52, attempted the above again, no changes in results.
- Logged into Virgin Super Hub 3.0; Disabled 5Ghz wireless signal and attempted to connect to the 2.4Ghz signal, I presumed the "2AP security issue" was a fault in the adapter detecting both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz as two seperate APs via WPS. No changes to results.
- Logged into the Virgin Super Hub 3.0 to perform the soft WPS method, no change.
- Logged into the Virgin Super Hub 3.0; added the WNCE4001s MAC address to the DHCP IP Reservation list, no changes
- Disabled mixed security of the signals to WPA2 only instead of mixed WPA/WPA2 security
- Disabled b, g, a wireless modes, sticking with n standard on 2,4Ghz. 5Ghz disabled a, only ac/n support
I have looked around on the Virgin support forums, as well as the 4 posts on this community and have yet to find any solution to the problem. Those posts also seem dated and necro-able. Any thoughts or has anyone got this device to work with the Super Hub 3.0?
My OSs, on PC and Laptop, are Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Home.