× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA3100 V2 Wireless adaptor disappears from PC

den942
Aspirant

WNDA3100 V2 Wireless adaptor disappears from PC

I install this thing with the latest drivers. Then suddenly I have no internet access. It is not even listed in the Device Manager. So, I install it again. After a while it is gone again. How and/or Why does this happen?

Motherboard is a new Gigabyte 970A-DS3P in a new case with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor and 12 gig of memory.

Dennis Q.

Model: WNDA3100v2|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6
den942
Aspirant

Re: WNDA3100 V2 Wireless adaptor disappears from PC

I forgot to add: Operating System is Windows 8.1.

@den942 wrote:

I install this thing with the latest drivers. Then suddenly I have no internet access. It is not even listed in the Device Manager. So, I install it again. After a while it is gone again. How and/or Why does this happen?

Motherboard is a new Gigabyte 970A-DS3P in a new case with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor and 12 gig of memory.

Dennis Q.

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @den942

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Was there any error when you run the setup Wizard? You stated that you cannot find the adapter in the Device Manager list, this means that driver is not installed. For isolation, kindly temporarily disable the anti-virus software? Please try as well the adapter to a different computer and see if it will work, 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
den942
Aspirant

Yes, it was installed correctly and working and listed in the Device Manager and is in use when I suddenly lose my internet connection. Windows 8.1 shows no connections available. Windows pops up a window saying it can not repair the problem. The Netgear Genie says it can not repair the connection. Then I check the Device Manager and it is no longer listed there. So, I then have to reinstall the WNDA3100 V2 Wireless adapter. And, yes, I have the latest driver downloaded. It may work a few hours, a few days, a week, or more then it all starts over again. This is the only wireless adapter that has ever done this. I have some ten years old that still work fine. I thought I was upgrading to a better adapter but it sure gets old reinstalling it.

Message 4 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @den942

Kindly reinstall the adapter using the standalone driver and check if the same problem.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @den942

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7