× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA3100 not connecting to a WN604 access point

peiomari
Aspirant

WNDA3100 not connecting to a WN604 access point

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a new Netgear WNDA3100v3 wifi adapter to the home wifi without success. It connects well to temporary hotspots created by my cell phone, but not to the home wifi. The home wifi is provided by a Netgear WN604 access point.

I've tried different security protocols on the access point, open, WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc., all without success. The WNDA3100 detects the network correctly, but cannot connect to it. I have used Wireshark to see the communications, but it seems that in all cases the access point stops to communicate with the adapter. In the case of WPA2, I see that the 4-way handshake stops after the first two messages (I attach screenshot).

The WN604 has been working correctly for several months and still is, for several other wifi clients of different types (phones, TVs, laptops).

Dibujo.JPG

I would greatly appreciate some help.

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNDA3100 not connecting to a WN604 access point

Hi peiomari,

Make sure that Access control on WN604 is not enabled. Page 33 of the manual.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN604/WN604_UM_2Nov2015.pdf

Message 2 of 8
peiomari
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes I made sure it is disabled.

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi peiomari,

Use the adapter on a different network and check if it will work.

Message 4 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi peiomari,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 8
peiomari
Aspirant

Sorry I was out for a few days.

Yes the adapter has worked on two more wifi networks I have tried, but not on the one provided by the Netgear access point I have at home.

Message 6 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi peiomari,

The issue is weird since it works on a different network and  the access point has devices works on it as well.

Message 7 of 8
peiomari
Aspirant

Correct. The problem is that both are Netgear devices and they don't seem to know how to talk to each other.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7