× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA3100V3 BSOD Security Check Error with disconnect and reconnects

Fixitplease
Aspirant

WNDA3100V3 BSOD Security Check Error with disconnect and reconnects

Every time my Netgear WNDA3100V3 USB WIFI adapter  disconnects and then reconnects to the internet, my computer shuts down and displays the BSOD (blue screen of death) that says the stop code. "Kernel Security Check Error" and tells me to go to windows.com/stopcode and find an answer? Well I have uninstalled and reinstalled and made sure my computer and the adapter are updated. Nothing works. This happens many times a day!

Windows 10 Pro

ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 

AMD FX 6300
64 bit 
8 GB ram

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNDA3100V3 BSOD Security Check Error with disconnect and reconnects

Hi Fixitplease,

If you disconnect the adapter, does the computer still goes on BSOD?

If you have another computer, try installing the adapter and check if the same issue. Try cleaning as well the registry of your computer(Check microsoft).

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Fixitplease
Aspirant

If I disconnect it from the computer and don't plug it back in, my computer is fine. But if I plug it back in in connects the internet, then I get the BSOD. Also, if I lose the wifi signal and it reconnects by itself I get the BSOD.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Fixitplease,

If you have another computer, try installing the adapter and check if the same issue. Try cleaning as well the registry of your computer(Check microsoft).

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
Fixitplease
Aspirant

I have uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller to completely remove it from my system and tried to install and uninstall and use 3 of the drivers on the Netgear website. Nothing seems to work and I have since installed a Tp-link Pci wifi card  and I have had zero problems since. I believe the Netgear device is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro/My Computer.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Fixitplease,

Please check your inbox.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 7
bluezeon
Aspirant

We are receiving Bluescreen with this Adapter quite often too. 3-4 times a day... Details below

tcpip.sys 15f665

Windows 10 64 bit

Netgear WNDA3100V3 N600

ntoskrnl.exe

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7