× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA3100v3 causing BSOD on network connect Windows 10

JayeFive
Aspirant

WNDA3100v3 causing BSOD on network connect Windows 10

I just made a clean install of Windows 10 on my machine:

EVGA 131-GT-E767 X58

Intel i7-950 Bloomfield

Windows 10 Pro

The only thing I've installed is the MoBo chipset which has windows 10 support. I have the latest adapter driver 1.0.0.13 which has Windows 10 support. The driver installs fine and the genie as well. As soon as I connect to the wifi network I get a BSOD with the message:

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

WNDA3100v3.sys

The only thing I haven't tried is a direct ethernet connection to try and update Windows 10. I was hoping someone here might have a solution that will work. 

Thanks!

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TachyonDreams
Initiate

Re: WNDA3100v3 causing BSOD on network connect Windows 10

Ah... finally... I've got it working.

Used a wired connection to update Windows 10 to v1809 and then installed WNDA3100v3 1.0.0.13 As Administrator (it could have been the As Administrator option that may have made all the difference, and not so much the Windows updates).  No more BSODs this time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JayeFive

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Can you please try installing your WNDA3100v3 adapter while your Windows 10 computer is in Safe Mode with Networking? The steps on how to boot your computer to the mode I recommended is outlined here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
TachyonDreams
Initiate

Ah... finally... I've got it working.

Used a wired connection to update Windows 10 to v1809 and then installed WNDA3100v3 1.0.0.13 As Administrator (it could have been the As Administrator option that may have made all the difference, and not so much the Windows updates).  No more BSODs this time.

Message 3 of 5
JayeFive
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

I tried doing just that, but oddly when I booted in safe mode I couldn't use my keyboard... I am sad to say my solution was to pick up a linksys adapter, which works fine 😕 

Message 4 of 5
JayeFive
Aspirant

Tachyon,

Glad you got it working. I'll try this approach at some point. This is way off topic, but I still can't understand why Microsoft decided to assume every machine is a shared workspace when they integrated NT into the mainstream design. The whole 'run as admin' concept doesn't make any sense for a workspace that only one person ever uses and causes all kinds of problems everytime windows introduces a new iteration.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7