× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA3100v3 just won't update

Anonym777
Aspirant

WNDA3100v3 just won't update

Hi.

My WNDA3100v3 WIFI adapter is constantly causing problems with intermittent network connectivity. Naturally, I’ve tried updating the drivers, but the drivers just won’t update. I’ve tried to update from the December2014 version (5.1.20.0) to the January2015 version (1.0.0.10) but found no solution as the adapter just won’t update (I tried in device manager and manual installation, the installation succeeds but it looks like the adapter doesn’t recognize that). By now I am so angry that I’m considering buying a new adapter (definitely not from netgear).

Googling didn’t help but I hardly think I’m the only person with this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: WNDA3100v3 just won't update

Which version of Windows is this?

Many people find that Windows 10 comes with drivers that work just fine.

Have you investigated other possible causes of this intermittent network connectivity?

Message 2 of 3
Anonym777
Aspirant

Re: WNDA3100v3 just won't update

It's Windows 10, the intermittent connectivity problems only appear on this computer, no other devices are having any problems with connecting to the internet.

To me the problem seems to be that the device seems to think that the dec2014 drivers are the newest, even though there are obiously newer versions. Do you have any other ideas on how to solve this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7