× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA4100 light goes amber, flashes blue, loses connection, then reconnects

Sporttster
Follower

WNDA4100 light goes amber, flashes blue, loses connection, then reconnects

Doing a fresh install on a new ssd I put in my sytem and installing my new WNDA4100 N9000 wireless adapter and first the speeds suck! It's on the second story of our house, the signal strength says good, but when downloading or using the net, it disconnects, then reconnects, then disconnects, on and on and tested via speedtest.net and it's about a quarter to a fifth of the speed of our Comcast. I can't figure out where to change the channels on this, the software that came with it totally sucks as it crashes with APPCRASH when I try to install it so I just let windows install standalone and I've upgraded to the current firmware, no luck there either. I'm really pissed about it. It's been nothing but a headache and I feel like taking the POS back to Bestbuy. These f'ing things should plug in and work, but they don't. It's ridiculous. I'm on WIn7 premium and I've done most if not all the updating on it, which has been a headache with this thing cutting out constantly. So the problems are- can't DL and use their software because it crashes, the connection is on/off/on/off, can't figure out how to change channels on it, and it's frigging slow. Yeah, that's about it....

Message 1 of 2
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNDA4100 light goes amber, flashes blue, loses connection, then reconnects

Hi Sporttster,

Please check other drivers for your adapter. If still the same, try to install it on a different computer and check if it works. Disable as well antivirus for the mean time.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDA4100

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7