× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WPN111 doesn't work with Windows 10

jmc2000
Aspirant

WPN111 doesn't work with Windows 10

I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and things seemed initially fine. But after a while the WPN111 was no longer able to see any wireless networks, but the blue LED was still flashing. I reinstalled the WPN111 driver, and now the blue LED doesn't even flash.

Has anyone managed to get the WPN111 to work under Windows 10?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: WPN111 doesn't work with Windows 10

Hi @jmc2000,

Welcome to Community!

The driver of WPN111 does not suppot Windows 10. That is the reason it will not work. 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29490/~/netgear-product-support-for-microsoft-windows-...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi @jmc2000,

Welcome to Community!

The driver of WPN111 does not suppot Windows 10. That is the reason it will not work. 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29490/~/netgear-product-support-for-microsoft-windows-...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
jmc2000
Aspirant

This is a little strange, since the system compatibilty report prior to running the Windows 10 update stated that my system was OK.

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll have to buy a cheap USB adapter.

Regards,

JMc

Message 3 of 4
Ku31179
Initiate

Right click the wireless network icon in the lower right hand corner near the date and time, right click on "Troubleshoot problems", windows will search for the problem and then your WPN111 adapter should work.  It worked for me, the only thing it changed was my networks name when I click on the wireless network icon.  It's now called "Virtual Profile", but when I go into the "Network and Sharing Center", it shows my WPN111 connected to my home router.  

Hope it works for you as it did for me,

Kris

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7