× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WPS and manual wifi adapter installation fail

windex
Follower

WPS and manual wifi adapter installation fail

Hi to evrybody.My first msg here. Sorry for possible inconvenient.

I just replaced my D6300 with D7800. In my network there is also a wifi adapter WNCE 4004 that now is no longer able to connect the D7800. In practice, the WPS fails with apparently no reason, and the manual configuration ends with the message "The selected wireless network is no longer available ...".

IP, subnet mask, gateway and DNS server are all set correctly, both on WNCE on the router D7800.

I have also try to reset the adapter to factory setting without results. The connection is still impossible.

I trust your expert help.
Thank you all.
Windex

Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: WPS and manual wifi adapter installation fail

Hi @windex,

How far is the adapter from the router? Do you happen to know the firmware version of the adapter? Do you have other device that uses WPS?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
windex53
Aspirant

Re: WPS and manual wifi adapter installation fail

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it was a HW fault. I have had to buy a new adapter, even if the warranty expired only few weeks ago (late september 2015). 😞

Honestly speaking, I hoped in a more "customer oriented" response from the Netgear Support.

I'll keep this in mind for the next buy.

However, thanks again for your support.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7