× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where is the Bridge Mode?

ot221268
Aspirant

Where is the Bridge Mode?

Can anyone tell me where the bridge mode is??
It should be.......Advanced tab > Advanced Setup and click Wireless Settings
but my login screen does not have an option for "Other operating mode".
Formware is V1.1.00.14.

Message 1 of 9
xDredgex
Novice

Re: Where is the Bridge Mode?

Assuming R6300.....maybe v2....
Once logged in to the Admin console, click the "Advanced" tab > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings > at the very bottom is "use other operation mode" > Enable Bridge mode is hidden under this > place a check next to "use other..." and it should appear.

With some of the older routers, it was always there, but if you had a popup blocker enabled on your browser it seemed to make it.....not appear. Disabling it mitigated that.

Message 2 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

I believe you have a D6200 which is a modem. Wireless bridge is not available for this unit but you can set the modem to bridge mode. Which means that the device will be used as a modem only and you need to have a router to do the configuration.

Check page 130 of the manual.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D6200/D6200_UM_17Sept2014.pdf
Message 3 of 9
Stobbart
Aspirant

When I set modem only I lose internet connection... Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 9
TheEther
Guru

Your ISP probably only gives you 1 IP address.  Normally, your modem/router gets it.  When you enable bridge mode, the modem/router will stop using it but the downstream device may not necessarily pick it up.  Try rebooting your modem.  Then force the device connected to the modem to obtain the public IP address.

Message 5 of 9
Stobbart
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick answer. How do I force to obtain IP address? I would like to connect a gaming router to d6200 and use it as only modem
Message 6 of 9
TheEther
Guru

Disconnect the gaming router from the D6200 then re-connect it.

Note: If your ISP uses PPPoE, PPPoA, L2TP etc., then you will need to set this up on your gaming router.

Message 7 of 9
Stobbart
Aspirant

Yes, I now the settings for my PPPoE ISP. The problem is when I turn on the only modem mode the internet light turns off and there's no more connection.
Message 8 of 9
TheEther
Guru

Did you transfer the PPPoE settings from the modem to the gaming router?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7