× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why do I have two networks with one wireless to ethernet adapter and a switch?

tjrobinson2000
Aspirant

Why do I have two networks with one wireless to ethernet adapter and a switch?

Here's the situation.  I'm using a wnce2001 wireless to ethernet adapter connected to a gs605 switch.  Computer is connected to the switch along with the printer.  Wireless connection is to a mobile hotspot on an LG tablet.  Previously it was connected to an AT&T wifi hotspot.  The printer worked up until I got the mobile hotspot on the LG working.  This did take jumping through some hoops with the wnce2001 as I had to connect it directly to the PC to go through the setup.  I thought the wnce set the IP address and the switch just used that gateway across all devices.  Windows sees the PC on 192.168.43.0 and the printer on 192.168.1.0.  I don't know where the second address is coming from or how to work around it.  I've removed the printer and reinstalled, but it still comes up on the wrong network.  Any ideas?

Tom

Model: WNCE2001|Universal WiFi Internet Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
tjrobinson2000
Aspirant

Re: Why do I have two networks with one wireless to ethernet adapter and a switch? [solved]

Resolved the issue after getting a new isp setup.  Printer is now on a router and is working.  Thanks for the reply.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: Why do I have two networks with one wireless to ethernet adapter and a switch?

Hi tjrobinson2000,

Check the connection of the Printer. If the network is on 192.168.43.0 then the printer should have the same IP range.

Message 2 of 3
tjrobinson2000
Aspirant

Re: Why do I have two networks with one wireless to ethernet adapter and a switch? [solved]

Resolved the issue after getting a new isp setup.  Printer is now on a router and is working.  Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7