× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Router cause trouble

asaadrehman
Aspirant

Wifi Router cause trouble

My wifi adapter doesn't provide me singles from the room just 2 room aways where this router is places. How can I solve the issue. My childers loves to play games and that would a huge issue with my personal life because due to signal issues they come and sleep with me and my wife. I want a permanent solution of this problem immediately. Does I have to connect more routers to my house, does it possible with one connection or have any other solution. Kindly solve my issue

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jeffgear
Luminary

Re: Wifi Router cause trouble

Hi

If I understand your issue correctly, I'm thinking you can get a good signal in your bedroom but not a good signal in your kids room. If the kids bring their devices into your room and they get a good signal but it's bad when they go back to their room, then it looks like the WiFi is too weak in their room. Do you get a poor signal if you take your device into their room? If so the you need a stronger wifi signal down that end of your home. A mesh setup with the main router put in your room where the internet modem is and a satellite further away near the kids room might be better. 

USB WiFi adapters are not the most reliable of things to use as there are so many things to go wrong, but if your device/laptop doesn't have built in WiFi then it's your only option to work with. 

hope you solve it! Good luck so the kids have their own WiFi space!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Jeffgear
Luminary

Hi

If I understand your issue correctly, I'm thinking you can get a good signal in your bedroom but not a good signal in your kids room. If the kids bring their devices into your room and they get a good signal but it's bad when they go back to their room, then it looks like the WiFi is too weak in their room. Do you get a poor signal if you take your device into their room? If so the you need a stronger wifi signal down that end of your home. A mesh setup with the main router put in your room where the internet modem is and a satellite further away near the kids room might be better. 

USB WiFi adapters are not the most reliable of things to use as there are so many things to go wrong, but if your device/laptop doesn't have built in WiFi then it's your only option to work with. 

hope you solve it! Good luck so the kids have their own WiFi space!

Message 2 of 3
asaadrehman
Aspirant

I have checked my devices in those rooms but they are also not responding correctly. it is router issue not the device. They love to play video games but unfortunately no game is working properly in any device. neither on mine

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7