× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi USB Adapter Model A7000

BenMeredith
Follower

Wifi USB Adapter Model A7000

So how am I supposed to download adapter software if I don’t have a cd drive. It says to check netgear.com/support to download it but the whole reason I bought the adapter was because my computer couldn’t connect to WiFi. Without WiFi I can’t download it.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Download it to a different computer, place it on a flash drive, place on new computer, install.

Or hardwire the computer into the router via ethernet cable or usb-->ethernet adapter

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Download it to a different computer, place it on a flash drive, place on new computer, install.

Or hardwire the computer into the router via ethernet cable or usb-->ethernet adapter

Message 2 of 5

.... or just plug the adapter into your PC and see if Windows offers compatible drivers.

It may be that generic drivers will work.

Then, when connected you can go and see if there are newer drivers from Netgear.

Message 3 of 5
Mantis797
Aspirant

I already have downloaded the drivers the thing is its still not working 

Message 4 of 5

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7