× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will the NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB ADAPTER Model: A7000 work with xfinity hotspot cellphone towers?

shimcc1979
Aspirant

Will the NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB ADAPTER Model: A7000 work with xfinity hotspot cellphone towers?

I will be on the Road alot in the coming months using my Laptop in my car. I will be using xfinity Hotspots through my Xfinity account while outdoors on my laptop. I believe those are cell phone towers? Will the NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB ADAPTER Model: A7000  Plugged into my laptops USB 3.0 improve my computers Internet speed when my laptops wifi is connected to an Xfinity hotspot tower? Is it even compatible?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Will the NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB ADAPTER Model: A7000 work with xfinity hotspot cellphone towe

couple questions.

1. What is this mysterious laptop? Model number and wifi card in it?

2. Usually the slowdown on hotspots is the cellular speeds and not the wifi. How fast of speeds are you currently getting on it?

3. What model is this xfinity hotspot?

Message 2 of 4
shimcc1979
Aspirant

Re: Will the NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB ADAPTER Model: A7000 work with xfinity hotspot cellphone towe

My laptop is a 3 year old Asus ROG gaming laptop. The nighthawk just plugs right into the comps USB 3.0 spot. Meant for home routers to give more speed. But my question is it even compatible to connect to a cell phone tower comcast hotspot. Anyone with a Comcast internet account can connect to a comcast hotspot cellphone tower. It shows up right on your wifi list. U just need to use your accounts password to connect to it. But its not a home router. Its a cellphone tower. Will the product still connect to that if its not a home router? On any laptop with a built in wifi modem i mean?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

So let me get this correct because you're putting a bunch of info in here.

You just want to connect your laptop to xfinity's wifi hotspot setup? Which is just wifi based hotspot. It has nothing to do with cellular at all. 

If that's so, you can probably just upgrade the wifi card in your laptop.  Many of them have the ability to be upgraded to a better wifi card in them. The antenna's *usually* mount/run up the side of the monitor for a pretty decent antenna reception. 

Whats the wifi card in your laptop?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7