× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Windows 10 (A6100 A6200 A6210) Installation Heads Up

Xelod
Aspirant

"To assist in the most rapid and complete solutions Netgear engineers would be most grateful if people could provide some specific information. This thread is now somewhat confused as it deals with three different adaptors, and each has its own driver.

Please answer as much of the following as possible in a reply to this thread;

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with?
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade?
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows?
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook?
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install?
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled?
  7. What error messages do you see?
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see?"  

1. Two A6210 adapters 

2. Windows 10 clean install 

3. N/A 

4. MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard 

5. The driver i have installed for the a6210 1.0.0.32 and my r8000 router has the latest firmware 1.0.3.4

6. Installation of Driver is not an issue. 

7 & 8 please refer to Link

Message 176 of 278
trethew
Initiate

Same questions here...Even I install the latest firmware of A6210, it crashes with windows 10 and always showing blue screen with kernal sercuity failure ...

When I remove the a6210 adapter and everything work fine ....When will netgear fix it? I wait the solution starting from September....
without any suggestion or solution, Is it meaning that i need to give up A6210?

"To assist in the most rapid and complete solutions Netgear engineers would be most grateful if people could provide some specific information. This thread is now somewhat confused as it deals with three different adaptors, and each has its own driver.

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with? A6210 with R7000
2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade? Upgrade to windows 10, probelm occured, reinstall the windows completely, problem still remain until i remove A6210
3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows? Windows 8
4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook? Intel Core i5-4440 16GB Ram Gefore GTX760 Asus motherboard
5. What driver version are you attempting to install? Both v1.0.0.28 in compatibility mode(Win 😎 and v1.0.0.32, same problem occur (Kernel Sercuity Check Failure and restart)
6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled? yes
7. What error messages do you see? Blue screen - Kernel Sercuity Check Failure https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44736506/20151019_113859.jpg

Message 177 of 278
noboundaries
Guide

Given the depth of this problem, and the information been given to NETGEAR, they appear to be non responsive.

They keep asking the same questions and enough information suppled to support without any doubt There is a real probelm here.

NO action has been taken and its been how long now??

Silence has been deafening...

Say something NETGEAR !!!!!

This and other hardware / firmware issues really make this a poor choice for networking solutions. Hello D Link..

Message 178 of 278
Grenadier
Aspirant

I got the A6210 adapter to work the following way:

1) Uninstall Netgear Genie

2) Revert back to Windows 8.1

3) Upgrade to Windows 10

4) Plug in the A6210 adapter

5) Windows 10 automatically installs driver, I can finally see networks and connect

Message 179 of 278

Has anyone tried using the A6210 since the new WindowsX update from today? I've been living in Win8.1 since stupid butthole Netgear never wanted to fix this issue in WinX. I would really like to be able to upgrade back, but I'd just bought this damn adapter a month before WinX was released.

Message 180 of 278
noboundaries
Guide

I havent seen any updates ????, 1.0.0.32 is the firm ware that stuffed eveything up, for A6210.ever other a62xx

Message 181 of 278
Plunder
Aspirant

Thank you very much this worked for me. I had the same issues, no response from wifi control etc. In addition I made sure to un-install the software for the adapter before proceeding to safe mode and I had the adapter plugge in while inistalling driver in Device Manager.  

Message 182 of 278
aim54x
Aspirant

Also noticed this problem this morning, the first time I have tried to run a back up my ReadyNas since my main computers upgrade to Windows 10.

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with? A6200
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade? Upgrade 
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows? Win 7 64-Bit Home Premium
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook? Custom built PC - Asus M4A89GTD Pro USB3 + AMD Phenom II X4 965BE
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install? 1.0.0026-1 both standalone and full
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled? Avira Firewall enabled
  7. What error messages do you see? none
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see? network connection drops and WiFi logo disappears, back up stops

I have been using this A6200/D6300/RNDU4000 combination for over a year, and the D6300/RNDU4000 for even longer. I have resorted to plugging in a D-Link N300 usb adapter (always good to have a spare lying around) but would be really keen to get back to using the A6200 so I can take advantage of the Wireless AC connection. I also have had no problems with the another computer that connects to the D6300 that uses its own WiFI card (ASROCK H97 M-ITX/AC).

Message 183 of 278
aloonj
Aspirant

Just jumping in with a *me too* post.

Been having trouble with Win10 an A6210 for months now. Mostly corrupted downloads and an inability to download any game from steam (pauses/corrupts).

General web browsing does not seem to show any issues, but recently I attempted to download Fallout3 from steam but had major issues downloading it without pauses and corruption. I worked with Steam support who could find no problem. As soon as I switched to ethernet all my troubles went away. Now that Fallout4 is out, I attempted that with the latest A6210 Win10 drivers from Netgear, but no joy - again corrupt downloads. Back to ethernet again now and all is working as expected.

I had thought this issue would have been solved by now.

Message 184 of 278
netgeekNOT
Aspirant

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with? A6210
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade? Upgrade 
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows? Win 7 64-Bit Home Premium
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook? Home made  PC - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H. i5 3570 
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install? 1.0.0.32 (supposed toi be Win10 compatible) standalone and direct install from Winodws 10
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled? yes
  7. What error messages do you see? none
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see? no WiFi signals.

In device manager, device is running, no error. The worse is after those tentatives, my two other wifi keys (Dlink and TP-link) which were running fine before, have the same symptoms: no signlas, device normally ok.

I have to restore to a previous system point to have them to work again.

3 months now Netgear is telling us they are working on it....... could they ask their competitors how they make it work? 

Message 185 of 278
zipdrive
Tutor

Um question.... doesn't Microsoft give you guys a way in advance heads up on the new OS?  I don't believe I have seen such ill prepardness in any release of Windows and vendors as I have with 10.

Message 186 of 278
netgeekNOT
Aspirant

@zipdrive wrote:

Um question.... doesn't Microsoft give you guys a way in advance heads up on the new OS?  I don't believe I have seen such ill prepardness in any release of Windows and vendors as I have with 10.

I had several problems installing Winodws 10 as many at the beginning of the public release but once installed very few, and all about software or device which needed an update to be compatible. Today, most of them but few old products with no more support are fine.

Again, I tried two wifi USB keys from the competition which work fine. I know when to blame Microsoft when necessary but in this case Netgear is simply not doing its job. 

Message 187 of 278
zipdrive
Tutor

In some defense of Netgear, they do happen to have the 10 version on the downloads but I'm sticking with workaround until I have a problem. I think the big question here now is why isn't MS seeing the hardware on plug and play and the fact it's not searchable via "search online" option for new drivers?

I think there is a little blame to go around on both parties as Netgear should be a big enough name to be included in the list of latest releases.
Message 188 of 278
Dustrega
Star

@zipdrive wrote:
In some defense of Netgear, they do happen to have the 10 version on the downloads but I'm sticking with workaround until I have a problem. I think the big question here now is why isn't MS seeing the hardware on plug and play and the fact it's not searchable via "search online" option for new drivers?

I think there is a little blame to go around on both parties as Netgear should be a big enough name to be included in the list of latest releases.

There is no defense of Netgear in this case. For some this problem has been around since Windows 8 and is manifesting for more users. This is not a time to say, "Windows driver repository doesn't have everything for PnP, so it's partially their fault." Do you know how many devices that are PnP on the market both past and present? There are hundreds of thousands. Seeing as how this problem has been around for so long and Netgear doesn't have an answer for a driver related issue, (yes, it's driver related) you can't point the finger and play the blame game. Companies with integrity don't do that.

Message 189 of 278
netgeekNOT
Aspirant

There is a w10 version of the drivers but it simply doesn't work.....so the job is not done.

W1O does recognise the key alone and install the necessary generic files. The device is in the "working status" but simply doesn't practically work like with the netgear drivers. So it's a product problem. Online search for new drivers works well for me, In both case I'm told I have the latest drivers. To be fully "plug and play" a device must be designed to be so and respect relevent protocols. Obviously this one doesn't.

I don't think any manufacturer or software developper is "included" in any MS release, no matter big they are. MS has its own code and protocol, they have to fix any bug from it but it's the job of those manufacturers to adapt their part to fit. 

And if Netgear is big enough, I expect them to be able to get in contact with MS if needed to solve THEIR problem. As a modest individual I already had some support from MS when needed. I would if I had problem with *any* WiFi USB key which is not the case.

In the meantime I am waiting for a solution from Netgear for a rather expensive product in its category.  

Message 190 of 278
zipdrive
Tutor

I have not tested the driver they have for 10 as the generic solution works for me fine. The question still remains as there is a version for 10 put out by Netgear and it hasn't been picked up by the repository, why? Are we going to make excuses for the biggest conglomerate on not staying on top of their driver database? 10 has been out for close to 6 months now. The OS didn't even bother seeing it as new hardware until I went into device manager. I'm just saying that its not 100% Netgear and its justified in saying the communication was lacking in this release.
Message 191 of 278
netgeekNOT
Aspirant

As far as their driver for W10 doesn't work one may imagine why it hasn't been picked for the repository!! 

Wether it's a technical problem on Netgear's side or MS' is actually not my problem. I got (for free) W10 which never pretended to be compatible with previous devices unless manufacturers make the necessary changes for compatibility. I *paid* a WiFi key which was sold as W10 compatible when it is *not* and when less important competitors are. The point is it works neither as plug & play nor with a custom driver installation. And if you finally succeded in running it with generics that's certainly not with the help of Netgear! 

Netgear owes me a fix and at least some explanation here for their customers. Have you read anything from them about where is the problem but to explain for months they gonna fix it?

May someone from Netgear dare to tell us here this is MS' fault too as an excuse? 

Message 192 of 278
zipdrive
Tutor

I did try to uninstall the generic Realtek driver and use the one that Netgear posted but it goes back to the Realtek.  Really don't care b/c it works like a champ.  I did notice when it reinstalled the original driver... the Windows wifi systray is now seeing the N network on my router.  Before I had to use the widget to admin that connection... so it's perfectly fine now with me.   You can keep griping or fix the issue with what a contributor posted a few pages back.

Message 193 of 278
Dustrega
Star

@zipdrive wrote:

I did try to uninstall the generic Realtek driver and use the one that Netgear posted but it goes back to the Realtek.  Really don't care b/c it works like a champ.  I did notice when it reinstalled the original driver... the Windows wifi systray is now seeing the N network on my router.  Before I had to use the widget to admin that connection... so it's perfectly fine now with me.   You can keep griping or fix the issue with what a contributor posted a few pages back.

zipdrive, with respect, which you have none of, your issue with your device may be for a different model than what others have. You see, I tried the Realtek solution out of desperation and ended up bluescreening upon driver install. I have searched out Broadcom drivers for the chipset that is involved with my adapter and used them to no avail. In conclusion, if your device is working, don't be a yutz and brag about how well your device is doing and not even provide a reference to the post which solved YOUR problem. We're not all blessed to be as special as you.

Message 194 of 278
zipdrive
Tutor

Well you know what you can do.

I didn't have any issues and you strike me as completely incompetent so bite me. 😛
Message 195 of 278
feckless
Aspirant

1. What model of adaptor are you having issues with?  A6200
  2. Is the Win10 install a fresh install or an upgrade?  Fresh iinstall (came with a new computer)
  3. If an upgrade, from what version of Windows?  N/A
  4. What is the H/W model of the PC/tablet/netbook?  Dell i3847-10000BK
  5. What driver version are you attempting to install?  1.0.0.26, Win 10 version (It's installed.  I'm not attempting.)
  6. Did you try installing with AV / Firewall disabled?  No (installed without problems with the AV active)
  7. What error messages do you see?  Nothing obvious, just suddenly no more connection to the network.  The event log always has a set of messages that mostly consist of event 10400:
    'The network interface "NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
    Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
    This network interface has reset 13 time(s) since it was last initialized.'
  8. If no error messages what failure of functionality do you see?  About once a day, on average, sometimes more, the connection to the network disappears.  I can't even connect to the router.  Unplugging and replugging the USB dongle or disabling/reenabling the network connection restores connectivity.
    (Also, although I installed the Netgear software, for some reason the Netgear Genie is visible only on my wife's desktop.  I can't start it when logged in as me--simply no response when I try.
    Finally, I have a dual-band router, FIOS Quantum Gateway G1100, but half the time the A2600 connects at 2.4 GHz, not 5 GHz.  Is there a way to control this?  I've found nothing in the Genie that allows it.)
Message 196 of 278
DWow315
Aspirant

Hello there:  I too am having the same problem. Did you resolve the issue?  I'm currently unable to connect to wifi but had already gone through the installation process already. I have since removed the programs/drivers and tried the chipset installation fix to no avail. I seem to be at a standstill at this point. Did you by any chance find any fixes?  Thanks for the help.

Message 197 of 278
Foomanchoo
Aspirant

I have Windows 10 Home/64-bit (via upgrade) and was successful with the latest Netgear driver A6200 Software Version 1.0.0.26-1 (Supports Win8.1 / Win10) found here:  http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24877

I did the standalone installation then plugged the adapter in and Windows recognized it immediately.  I was up and running in less than 5 minutes. I'm also using the adapter with Connectify and it worked flawlessly. Call me lucky but I haven't encountered any problem whatsoever so far (fingers crossed).

Message 198 of 278
LaurisSwe
Initiate

Hey guys!

I had problems with A6210 on Windows 10 x64. My problem was that under driver installation process Wi-Fi adapter couldn’t be found. So my tips are that you look first at Networks Connections. There I couldn’t see wireless adapter, but I could see adapter in Device Manager. After many hours of trying different versions of drivers, googling and so on I was done! I thought (worse case) go back to Windows 7 but before that I did "Go to previous windows build" in Windows Update Settings. Oh man how happy I become 🙂 After windows rebooted I've stopped in Wi-Fi adapter and directly I could see it in Network Connections. Then removed it, installed standalone 0.34 driver for Windows 10 and then I was done! 1 minute installation when it goes well and 2 days of frustration to find the problem. So guys, my problem was latest build of Windows 10! Hate Microsoft for that, because my other Wi-Fi adapter couldn't be found either and that’s why I bought Netgear.

Hope it helps for someone!

Message 199 of 278
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lauris Swe,

Please check your inbox.

Message 200 of 278
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7