× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 won't let me use WNA3100 anymore

NobodyRR
Aspirant

Windows 10 won't let me use WNA3100 anymore

Hello, I'm using Windows 10 and I'm having problems with the WNA3100 adapter. Three days ago I booted my PC and the adapter somehow stopped working as usual, the adapter had a poor blue light instead of the strong blinking light and the Genie app was still running but I couldn't open it. I tried to uninstall and install the driver again but it didn't work, I did a system restore twice and it worked again, but after 10 minutes the Genie app was gone and the adapter stopped working once again. Can you please help me?

Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: Windows 10 won't let me use WNA3100 anymore

Hi @NobodyRR,

Welcome to Community!

Please try to use the standalone driver instead of the driver with the genie. Uninstall first the driver including the Genie.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
NobodyRR
Aspirant

I've formatted my PC and reinstalled Win 10 because I was having a lot of problems with some apps. I've installed the genie driver, It worked but the adapter stopped working again, so I uninstalled the genie driver and I installed the standalone version, but I have the same problem.

After 10 minutes the adapter keeps disconnecting itself, it says that the connection is limited and it shuts down on his own, when I remove it, it starts working again but it keeps disconnecting over and over... 

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@NobodyRR,

Have you tried disabling antivirus or firewall of your computer?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
NobodyRR
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried and I still have the same problem..

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

@NobodyRR,

Please follow the steps below and provide feedback if it resolves.

1. With the WNA3100 plugged in, uninstall the old NETGEAR software and drivers. To do this, open Control Panel.
  2. Click on “Uninstall a program”. 
  3. Click on “NETGEAR WNA3100 Genie” and click Uninstall
  4. Once uninstall has completed, unplug your WNA3100 adapter and restart your PC.
  5. If you are using USB 3.0, you will need to upgrade the USB host controller. 
  • To determine if you are using USB 3.0, see Microsoft’s support article USB 3.0 Devices.
  • For information on how to update the USB host controller driver, visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website.

For more information on updating drivers in Windows 10, see Microsoft’s support article: How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

1. Ensure that you have installed all of the necessary updates for Windows 10 before proceeding. For more information on installing Windows updates, see Microsoft’s support article Service Pack and Update Center.
  2. Download and extract the WNA3100 software to a convenient place such as your desktop.
  3. Choice one of listed execution file and run. 
  • WNA3100_SW_V2.2.0.4_Setup_Genie.zip (with NETGEAR Genie )
  • WNA3100_SW_V2.2.0.2_Setup_STALONE.zip (Driver Only)
  1. Follow the on-screen installation instructions (insert the adapter when prompted)
  2. When the installation has completed, restart your PC.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7