× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 8.1

ralice
Novice

Windows 8.1

Does either the A6200 or the A6100 adapter work with Windows 8.1?

Message 1 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Re: Windows 8.1

ralice wrote:
Does either the A6200 or the A6100 adapter work with Windows 8.1?

I just installed the A6200 on Win8.1. Works, no problems, and the router is the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk. Genie says it is connected at 175Mbps though, it is on the 5Ghz channel and I think it should be a lot higher. Don't trust Genie though, app has some problems. Unfortunately Windows in the Network and Sharing center's Status on the device reports the same connect speed?
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is there any reference about USB2 versus USB3 I thought USB 3 was required to connect at max rate. I don't see that when searching specs.

Look at all the adapter configs channel 20 40 80mhz if applicable.
Message 3 of 6
IrvSp
Master

Mine is connected on a 3.0 port but the device is 2.0. Doesn't seem to matter though, reviews I've seen say 2.0 is fast enough for the device.

See HERE on the last page at the bottom.
Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

USB 3 should enable you to connect at 800 or more while USB 2 would be around 390 from what I remember. Your 175 seems low. I don't understand why they don't state that in the brochures any more. .
Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

searay wrote:
USB 3 should enable you to connect at 800 or more while USB 2 would be around 390 from what I remember. Your 175 seems low. I don't understand why they don't state that in the brochures any more. .

I don't know what happened today. This morning I rebooted the router, power off and on. Then looked at the A6200 Genie, connection speed was 866Mbps. Windows device status confirmed the same speed.

12 feet away from the R7000 router in the same room directly across from it. Why not more, don't know why...
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7