× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless ac adapter not connecting to wifi

Timb99
Aspirant

Wireless ac adapter not connecting to wifi

So I unplugged all the cords to my computer to move it. When I plugged everything back in, my ac adapter for wifi no longer will connect to the wifi at my house. I put in the password but it says it's incorrect even though the password has not changed and everything else in the house is connected. I've tried restarting my computer and the router. I've even tried unplugging and plugging it back it.
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Wireless ac adapter not connecting to wifi

What wifi adapter do you have? 

Does it work in other computers if you try it? 
have you uninstalled the wifi adapters driver and reinstalled it? 

Or went into windows/mac and "forgotten" the network?

Message 2 of 5
Timb99
Aspirant

I have a A6120 wireless adapter. Comes with a base to stand on. I can't try it on another computer as I only have the one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and nothing happened.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Not just the software but the driver? 

did you try other usb ports? 

Message 4 of 5

@Timb99 wrote:
I have a A6120 wireless adapter. Comes with a base to stand on. I can't try it on another computer as I only have the one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and nothing happened.

A6210?

So move the stand? It is, after all, a part of the device that appears to fold up.

As @plemans says, try a different port.

If that doesn't work, you may have to go into Device Manager and remove the adapter, including "hidden" entries.

Wifi adaptersWifi adapters

But from your description it isn't obvious that the adapter is the problem. If it is the PC that will not connect, maybe that is the problem. As @plemans also suggested, tell the PC to forget that it ever saw that SSID. You didn't answer that bit of their message.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7