× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: a6210 adapter disconnects multiple times before staying connected

Flow425
Aspirant

a6210 adapter disconnects multiple times before staying connected

My a6210 adapter has been acting up recently and keeps disconnecting on me. Whenever i click on my network to connect, the connection will then disconnect and reconnect up to 4 or 5 times before staying connected. When this happens, all of the available connections disappear for a few seconds before coming back up and doing the same thing. I have all of my drivers updated and none of the things I have looked up have helped fix this issue.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
Flow425
Aspirant

I also forgot to mention that occasionally, but not frequenly, this will happen randomly while I am using my PC. I can just be playing a game online and all of the sudden I disconnect and reconnect 5 times before i can play again, putting me behind.

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Flow425

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the operating system of your computer?

You mentioned that you have the latest driver installed. Did you install the standalone driver? 

Are you using the adapter's desktop dock? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
CaptnPugwash
Aspirant

Ac6210

I've been having the exact same problems for about a month. I'm using the latest stand alone software with Windows 10, with the stand it came with and plugged directly into the usb 3.0 port in the back of the desktop (directly into the motherboard).

It's become so bad, that after switching on the computer, I don't do anything online for at least 10 mins to let things settle down, as it continually drops and reconnects. 

I'm thinking of using another brand of adapter if things don't improve.

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @Flow425

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the operating system of your computer?

You mentioned that you have the latest driver installed. Did you install the standalone driver? 

Are you using the adapter's desktop dock? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7