× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

a6c100 HIGH RTT LAG/packet loss!

acela13
Aspirant

a6c100 HIGH RTT LAG/packet loss!

Hi. Explain why the whole point of this card is moot after some sort of weird software glitch? It did work just fine, then earlier this month, for whatever reason after an update? High RTT LAG with ALL games via pathping along with AWFUL ping in game AND packet loss happening.

I didn't buy this for it to be a ripoff, and it started doing this past any time a warranty would cover it. To make matters worse, my onboard wifi adapter gets shut off by Windows randomly and refuses to work again until a reboot. However, the stupid part is there's no logic to WHEN it's shutoff, so it can very well go out within 5 minutes or 30 etc. of use.

That was the whole point of buying this, so I could game, but I can't game now, something "broke" and it's clearly a software (or even firmware) issue.

WHAT this issue is I don't know. The genie software seems worthless AND conflicting with Windows native software too.

Also I had to make two of these because of the weird inability to move posts/change them.  Oh so helpful to hear "oh that's the wrong place". (not)

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: a6c100 HIGH RTT LAG/packet loss!

If I can unravel that, you have an A6100 and it has stopped working after some sort up update?

Update to what?

I have just run an update for the Netrgear software on my A6100, it is running just fine after the update. (Thanks for alerting me to this update.)

My Windows 10 64-bit is also up to date.

@acela13 wrote:
To make matters worse, my onboard wifi adapter gets shut off by Windows randomly and refuses to work again until a reboot.

Maybe there is a problem with the wifi source? What is that? A router of some sort?

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: a6c100 HIGH RTT LAG/packet loss!

Hi acela13, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information michaelkenward provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7