× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"cant connect to this network" when trying to connect to a 5ghz network.

microsofth8r
Aspirant

"cant connect to this network" when trying to connect to a 5ghz network.

i can connect to 2.4ghz networks without problems.
im using windows.
my wireless mode is a/n/ac, as said in the user manual for my adapter. my wifi's mode is 802.11ac, but i can switch it to n. bandwidth is 20mhz+40mhz+80mhz auto(the only one). channel is 40. i tried changing the ssid. my other devices connect with no problem. Sometimes(and at the current moment) it wont even detect any 5ghz networks. i am using the drivers,i tried a reinstall with no success. netsh wlan show drivers shows that my adapter supports 5ghz indeed. however the interface is called wi-fi 2.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: "cant connect to this network" when trying to connect to a 5ghz network.

Hi @microsofth8r

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

How far is the computer from the router? What is the operating system of the computer? 

Aside from changing the SSID, have you tried changing 5GHz WiFi Channel? If not, please do so. 

If changing channel did not resolve the issue, please install the initial release driver and check if it detects the 5GHz network. Here's the download link: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060618/A6150-Software-Version-1-0-0-3-Windows

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @microsofth8r

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
microsofth8r
Aspirant

i just had to move it to a usb 3.0 port instead of a 3.1 one. I had already tried changing channels and drivers.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7