× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't access internet n900 wnda4100 - solid blue light

yorkc
Aspirant

can't access internet n900 wnda4100 - solid blue light

I installed my n900 wireless adapter and it worked fine for a while, then I would get Runtime Error! warning. I uninstalled, reinstalled standalone with the newest driver. Now it seems like it's installed fine, but the blue light is solid, and I can't connect to internet although it says status is connected and strong signal strength. All I get are "Pages not found" when trying to access web. Call wait time with tech support is 360 minutes!!!! Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: can't access internet n900 wnda4100 - solid blue light

Hi yorkc,

What is the OS of your computer?

Please try to uninstalll the adapter but disable first antivirus and firewall before reinstalling it. If same thing happens, install it on  a different computer.

Message 2 of 4
yorkc
Aspirant

I already did this. No anti-virus or firewall is running. I don't have another computer to install it on just to check and see if it works. I did go purchase another just to see if it was a defective piece of hardware, but I get the same results so I'll be returning that second one to the store.

Any other thoughts?

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi yorkc,

To isolate the problem, we may need to use a different computer since it is the 2nd same adapter that you have tried. If you will return the 2nd one, try replacing it with a different model and check it again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7