× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

eMachines T5082 not wifi capable. I need to connect to a wireless router

non-techClaire
Aspirant

eMachines T5082 not wifi capable. I need to connect to a wireless router

I have an old emachines T5082 with Windows Vista Home basic. It has 160Gb hard drive and 512MB ddram and an Intel Pentium 4 Processor 631. I have a Netgear 93 router which currently connects my remaining compurters: an HP Windows 10 and an ACER Windows 7. The emachines computer is in a home office in a building about 300 feet from the router. This worked with my former Acer Windows 7, but power would be an issue in an adapter. Is there an adapter to enable this old dinosaur to go online?
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
non-techClaire
Aspirant

Re: eMachines T5082 not wifi capable. I need to connect to a wireless router

Thanks.  My Acer machines with Windows 7 both crashed catastrophically and so that problem is resolved (yuck).  I will open a new threaad since my new problem is with different systems.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi non-techClaire,

You may check this USB adapters. It will work with Windows 7 OS.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-adapters/

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi non-techClaire,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
non-techClaire
Aspirant

Yes please, I still do.  I started all over, removed both hardware and software.  Shut down.  Restarted then reinstalled.  What I now have is an intelligent computer who found the drivers, installed them and allowed me to connect to my Netgear93 network.  My BrosTrend AC3 aka AC1200 high yield wireless adapter has the wifi light flashing.  The computer tries to go on line, but can only get as far as "internet explore cannot display the webpage.  Windows cannot find the internet connection.  So close!!!  Can I do this?

Claire

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi non-techClaire,

If you install the adapter on a different computer, will it work?

Message 5 of 6
non-techClaire
Aspirant

Thanks.  My Acer machines with Windows 7 both crashed catastrophically and so that problem is resolved (yuck).  I will open a new threaad since my new problem is with different systems.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7