× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

going into my C3700 modem the speed is 30MBP, 20 feet away the adapter speed i s 6 map on my sony V

kwheatley
Aspirant

going into my C3700 modem the speed is 30MBP, 20 feet away the adapter speed i s 6 map on my sony V

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: loses 70% download speed

Hi kwheatley,

Try installing it to a different computer and check the speed. Check as well the link rate of the adapter.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Re: going into my C3700 modem the speed is 30MBP, 20 feet away the adapter speed i s 6 map on my son

I am confused. MBP, map, mpm??? Sony Vaio? What is NIC and/or WiFi card in the laptop?

Message 2 of 6
kwheatley
Aspirant

loses 70% download speed

going into my C3700 modem internet provider gives me speed of 30MBP download, 25 feet away the adapt...  What happened to the speed?

The internet provider used his own lap top at the desk top site and got 22 MBP

Message 3 of 6
kwheatley
Aspirant

going into my C3700 modem the speed is 30MBP, from my internet provider.  when you move 25 feet away using a netgear WNA 3100 wireless internat adapter my download speed is 6 MBP.  The provider took his laptop down and got 22.  what happened to the speed.  It is windows 7 on a SOny all in one Viao desktop

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi kwheatley,

Try installing it to a different computer and check the speed. Check as well the link rate of the adapter.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi kwheatley,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7