× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear A7000 installation software causing computer to seize

Det_onate
Initiate

netgear A7000 installation software causing computer to seize

so i reset my computer recently and ive been having trouble reinstalling the drivers for the nighthawk A7000 wifi adapter every time it wraps up from installing i get about 5-10 seconds from it finishing and my computer will seize completely. forcing me to restart which in turn will pretty much void the last actions im running windows 10 pro not sure what to do from here as ethernet is not an option for me.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Det_onate
Initiate

Re: netgear A7000 installation software causing computer to seize

@michaelkenward sadly there is no native support and my motherboard drivers are up to date that i know of for some reason tho it started working and no longer crashes after i reinstalled my GPU drivers from Nvidia so this problem is resolved for now ty .

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies

@Det_onate wrote:

im running windows 10 pro not

Have you looked to see if Windows 10 has native support for this device? Just plug in the USB adapter without trying to install anything from Netgear and see what happens.

You could also check that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard. These rarely reach users with all the updates for things like USB and LAN support,

The people who made the PC may not be the best place to look. These all get motherboards from a third party.

Message 2 of 5
Det_onate
Initiate

@michaelkenward sadly there is no native support and my motherboard drivers are up to date that i know of for some reason tho it started working and no longer crashes after i reinstalled my GPU drivers from Nvidia so this problem is resolved for now ty .

Message 3 of 5

@Det_onate wrote:

...for some reason tho it started working and no longer crashes after i reinstalled my GPU drivers from Nvidia so this problem is resolved for now ....

That's good. Nice bit of research. One to remember for future reference.

Graphics drivers seem to do more than the name suggests. I guess it is down to the complex relationship between the CPU and GPU.

@Det_onate wrote:

...my motherboard drivers are up to date that i know 

Those things can be a beast to track down. It can be a case of drilling down to the chip level. Intel and Realtek, for example, are where Asus gets some chips, for Ethernet and sound. But it rarely updates its support pages to catch new ones. That can be a pain when they adapt to support something like Windows 11.

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

uninstall the complete driver and utilities coming with the A7000. Unplug the A7000 adapter. Install only the 

standalone-V1.0.011-win8.1_win10_signed.exe drivers. Configure the wireless adapter as you would do just from Windows.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055980/A7000-Software-Version-1-0-0-15-Windows

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7