× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgrar nighthawk ac1900

richard105
Follower

netgrar nighthawk ac1900

I purchased a netgear wifi adapter NightHawk AC1900.  I was instructed not to plug in the device into the usb until the installation CD was run.  I have no external or internal cd drive for PC (only a mac, but it does not work with the PC).  So, I got a long blue ethernet cable and plugged it into the modem across the room. I clicked the download button, but I don't know if it is installed.  How do I know?  I hesitate to go any further because of the warning on the netgear hardware piece.  I always used a mac, and my office had IT people available...so I never bothered to learn how to do such tasks on the PC.  Now I am retired and up the creek.

I contacted support and now and reaching out to the community.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: netgrar nighthawk ac1900

Hi @richard105

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Kindly download the driver from this link https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A7000.aspx#download

Once done, open the file, run the .exe file and follow the onscreen instruction. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You must mean the A7000 adapter.  I'm moving your post to the correct forum for wifi adapters.

You can try contacting Netgear support via my.netgear.com.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @richard105

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Kindly download the driver from this link https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A7000.aspx#download

Once done, open the file, run the .exe file and follow the onscreen instruction. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7