× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Unusual" Runtime termination error message

RBLampert
Aspirant

"Unusual" Runtime termination error message

I've started getting the error message in the attached image when I start my computer. Everything seems to be working properly, though. I'm running 64 bit Windows 10. Is this something I need to be concerned about or try to fix? If fix, how?

Thanks.

Netgear warning message.JPG

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: "Unusual" Runtime termination error message

Fetch the "latest" drivers from WNA3100 Software Version 2.2.0.4 (Supports Win8/8.1), uninstall the existing WNA3100 adapter software and application from your system as advised, remove the USB adapter, and restart the system. Install just the standalone driver kit. Plug the WNA3100 USB adapter. Wait until the adapter is recognized. Use the standard Windows way for configuring a wireless network. No fancy utilities required to be run.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Fetch the "latest" drivers from WNA3100 Software Version 2.2.0.4 (Supports Win8/8.1), uninstall the existing WNA3100 adapter software and application from your system as advised, remove the USB adapter, and restart the system. Install just the standalone driver kit. Plug the WNA3100 USB adapter. Wait until the adapter is recognized. Use the standard Windows way for configuring a wireless network. No fancy utilities required to be run.

Message 2 of 10
RBLampert
Aspirant

Done. Thanks. We'll see if that made a difference, since I was already running version 2.2.0.4.

Message 3 of 10
schumaku
Guru

The difference is that only drivers ae installed, no additional tools, utilities, and runtime.

Message 4 of 10
RBLampert
Aspirant

Got it! Thanks again.

Message 5 of 10
jme60
Aspirant

I'm also having this issue although my error message indicates the problem is with v2. I'm trying to see if this is what is causing my computer to run slower. It definitely could be something else, so I was trying to eliminate the runtime error. Any issues with computer speed because of this error?

Message 6 of 10

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems. (Hard to tell with no information from you on your Netgear device.)

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

Message 7 of 10
jme60
Aspirant

Thanks for your input. I rarely use forums (not familiar with protocol on using them), usually just google and try to find my own solution. My netgear wireless adapter is N600, which does not appear in the associated products box as an option. Maybe it's super old? idk, but I do still have the box from when I purchased it. 

My error is exactly the same runtime error, with the exce(ption of v2, as was mentioned in the original poster. I did try the solution mentioned, downloading the standalone install etc, but I'm still having the runtime error. I'm running on an (admittedly old) HP desktop, Windows 10

Message 8 of 10
schumaku
Guru

For the WNA3100M Software Version 1.2.0.9 also follow the uninstall procedures, and install only the Driver Only: WNA3100M_Standalone_Driver_Setup_V1.0.0.28.exe kit.

No need for installing the crappy tools on "modern" Windows systems, starting from Windows 8.

Message 9 of 10

@schumaku wrote:

No need for installing the crappy tools on "modern" Windows systems, starting from Windows 8.

Excellent advice. And for some USB adapters there isn't even any need to install Netgear's drivers.

Try it without. You may find that Windows comes with drivers that suit your adapter.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7