× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start." with A7000 USB wifi adapter

EternalStudent
Apprentice

"WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start." with A7000 USB wifi adapter

"WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126"

Is the error event information I get with every boot (event ID 10000, Task Category None).  Looking online there was a suggestion to delete a registry key.  That the driver maker mistakenly kept a default value, but didn't include the required DLL.  I'd rather the driver maker (Netgear) fix their software than every user delete a possibly useful registry key to silence this error.

As far as I can tell my A7000 is working.  I'm using it in a home network setup, with the Xfinity XB6 combo modem + router.  No "WLAN Extensibility" settings should be coming through that I know of (after reading a little, it sounds like a way for service providers to force something on the client).

Current version of driver is installed.  Windows 10 x64 with latest released patches (not the "preview" version of the next update I'd have to manually get).

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Re: "WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start." with A7000 USB wifi adapter

@EternalStudent wrote:

Current version of driver is installed.  Windows 10 x64 with latest released patches (not the "preview" version of the next update I'd have to manually get).

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers?

Remember to remove the "hidden" USB drivers while you are at it.

Tell device manager (View) to "Show Hidden Devices"

Wifi adaptersWifi adapters

Message 2 of 3
Rocky_Skr
Aspirant

Re: "WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start." with A7000 USB wifi adapter

I have same prob, but my pc shuts down itsef. Anyone can help?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7