× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wireless ac adapter A6100 and range extender EX3110. Can I use WPS to setup both?

MohawkScott
Follower

wireless ac adapter A6100 and range extender EX3110. Can I use WPS to setup both?

I used wps setup of my range extender... no problem.  I wanted to do the same for my mini adapter but, no joy.  I was thinking the problem may be that the range extender adds _GEXT to the ssid and since my signal is routed through the extender, when I press the wps button on my adapter, the router (which is out of range) doesn't get a wps authentication request. so pressing the wps button on the router does nothing but to try and initiate a wps authentication rather than responding to a wps authentication request.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: wireless ac adapter A6100 and range extender EX3110. Can I use WPS to setup both?

Hi MohawkScott,

How far is the adapter from the router?

Are you trying to connect it to the router or to the extender?

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: wireless ac adapter A6100 and range extender EX3110. Can I use WPS to setup both?

Hi MohawkScott,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7