× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance

Swanc02
Follower

with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance

In the documentation for this gateway it says,  “use with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance”.  My question:  Is that because it is not dual band? Can you convert it to dual band with an N900 adapter?  Or would you need an N900 adapter for each device that you wanted to utilize dual band for?  In researching dual band adapters it appears that they are used primarily for PCs and laptops. In my case, I am looking for a dual band adapter for a PS4.  Does that even make sense?

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance

Hi @Swanc02

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

WNDA4100 is a dual band WiFi adapter. This requires a dual band router for it to detect 2.4GHz and 5GHz network. If your existing router is not dual band then it will simply detect 1 frequency which is the 2.4GHz. 

This is also designed for PCs or laptops. It will not work for PS4. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance

Hi @Swanc02

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

WNDA4100 is a dual band WiFi adapter. This requires a dual band router for it to detect 2.4GHz and 5GHz network. If your existing router is not dual band then it will simply detect 1 frequency which is the 2.4GHz. 

This is also designed for PCs or laptops. It will not work for PS4. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7