× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wnce2001 power led blinking red

Bulldog009
Follower

wnce2001 power led blinking red

G'day everyone,

I'm having trouble with my wifi adapter. I had it switched off for two weeks and now that I have plgged it in again i'm getting a blinking red led and can't reset it or connect with my router.

I would appreciate any help I can get, or recommendations for an equivalent wifi to ethernet adapter as a replacement. It needs ethernet connectivity to communicate with my APEX aquarium controller.

Thanks in adavance

John

Model: WNCE2001|Universal WiFi Internet Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: wnce2001 power led blinking red

There's 3 led's on WNCE2001. Each one means something different. the lan port shouldn't be red though. 

if its the power led is blinking it means: unit is busy. try resetting it.

If the power led is solid red it means its not getting enough power. try a different power adapter

if the lan port is red it means your connection to the router is poor. 

So which led is it? 

have you tried a different power supply?

have you tried a reset? push and hold the reset button until the power led blinks. 

here's the support site

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNCE2001.aspx

It is a bit of an older device. If its just for an aquarium you could replace it with a wifi extender that has ethernet capabilities. There's everything from cheap n300 extenders to expensive triband extenders. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7