× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wnce2001 with static IP address?

Jimbor
Follower

wnce2001 with static IP address?

I am using the WNCE2001 to replace a wired connection that has failed. It will connect to my video security system. To access the system from my smartpnone, it requires a static IP address for the video  system. I had it working when it was hard wired, with static IP and port forwarding from my router. Somehow the ethernet wiring has failed, and rather than debug that I thought to use WIFI to access the video system, but I can't figurre out how to set static IP in the adapter. Is this possible? I can see the adapter from my router, so the connectivity is there, but it uses a dynamic IP assigned by the router, which can change. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: wnce2001 with static IP address?

I would have expected that a static IP would be configured on the video system itself, not on the WNCE2001.  Nonetheless, the WNCE2001 manual does have details for setting a static IP address on the adapter on page 13.

If you router supports DHCP address reservations, you can use that instead of a static IP address.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: wnce2001 with static IP address?

I would have expected that a static IP would be configured on the video system itself, not on the WNCE2001.  Nonetheless, the WNCE2001 manual does have details for setting a static IP address on the adapter on page 13.

If you router supports DHCP address reservations, you can use that instead of a static IP address.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7