× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1200 extender model ex5000

Janstrong
Follower

1200 extender model ex5000

I can not connect the device, is there a phone number I can call
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: 1200 extender model ex5000

How are you trying to set it up? 

Via wps or the installation wizard? I'd highly recommend using the installation wizard.

What router are you connecting to? 

to contact support, click "mynetgear" at the top. From there you register an account and the device. After that, there'll be a support option. 

Message 2 of 7
Burban123
Aspirant

I connected with WPS and work, then doesn't I went to the MYWIFIEXT and says connected but devices will connect but unable to access the internet.  the 2.4ghz is the worst.  

It needs a firmware update.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Burban123 wrote:

I connected with WPS and work, then doesn't I went to the MYWIFIEXT and says connected but devices will connect but unable to access the internet.  the 2.4ghz is the worst.  

It needs a firmware update.

how do you know you need a firmware update? you didn't put which version you're on? 

And I'd try factory resetting and re-installing it using the smart installation wizard and not wps. tends to work much better. 

And 2.4ghz is much slower than 5ghz. The other factor with it is the basic concept of how extenders work. They have to receive and then retransmit. And they can't do both at once. So their throughput is half of what the router is going to be based purely on how they work. That doesn't take into effect and of the things that slow down wireless like interference, distance, home structure, etc. 

Message 4 of 7
Burban123
Aspirant

I checked for firmware update.  Said no updates available. 1.0.1.64.

I did reset yesterday.  Did not use WPS to setup this time.  Instead after I reset.  I chose the WIFIEXT settings then went in to configure.  This is now working alot better.  Don't understand why WPS didn't work that well.

Fingers crossed.

Brian

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

wps is coded different between different device manufacturer's. so sometimes its best not to use if there's issues.
Message 6 of 7
17ester
Aspirant

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7