× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4G connection showing, but does not work . 5G is fine

RD3KC
Follower

2.4G connection showing, but does not work . 5G is fine

Recently purchased the AC750/EX3700 WiFi Range Extender.  Considering this wasn't listed as a model number above, I don't have high hopes.  We have Google Fiber, so the WPS set up is not an option.  Completed the Web Browser set up and both our 2.4G and 5G networks show up.  The connection to the 5G works fine.  However, the 2.4G connection shows, connects, but then doesn't work.  Firmware shows it is updated.  It doesn't appear I can change the channel on the 2.4G.  Before I return the product, I was curious if I'm missing something easy.  I'm not an expert, so if I'm missing something simple, I'm happy to try.   I see many suggestions, but nothing specific to the Google Fiber set up (other than buying another router.)  Thank You. 

Message 1 of 2
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: 2.4G connection showing, but does not work . 5G is fine

Hi @RD3KC,

You may encounter such issue if password what you input for 2.4GHz in incorrect or wireless channel on your Google Router is not set properly. You may rerun the setup and try putting correct password. If issue persist, I would recommend you to change wireless channel with the help of this link which Google provides https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4643971?hl=en.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7